Roscoe 8 is a trail hardtail for anyone looking to have some serious fun out in the dirt. Its 27.5+ mid-fat tyres, 1×12 drivetrain and 120 mm suspension fork make it a blast on every trail, from packed singletrack to the loose stuff. It’s a laid-back trail mountain bike dressed in a high-quality spec that’s ready to party.
You want to have fun. You’re searching for a playful trail bike with high-quality parts and plus-sized tyres so that when you’re out on the trail, the only thing you have to worry about is your face hurting from smiling too much.
Roscoe 8 features a strong Alpha Gold Aluminium frame, confidence-inspiring 27.5+ tyres mounted to Tubeless Ready Bontrager Line rims and a 120 mm RockShox Solo Air fork with a TurnKey hydraulic lockout. Plus, a dropper post, a SRAM NX Eagle 1×12 drivetrain, and Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc brakes.
High-quality components for high-quality trail days. It’s all about fun, but it’s also all about performance. With a 12-speed drivetrain, hydraulic disc brakes, wide handlebars and 27.5+ wheels, this bike takes trail riding shenanigans seriously.
Why you’ll love it
- It’s more fun to be a better rider: Roscoe is so stable and forgiving, it’s like an instant ability upgrade
- Even when the trail gets rough, the wide 27.5×2.8˝ tyres can deliver confidence, traction and stability
- The dropper post lets you lower your saddle on the fly so its out of the way on descents
- The RockShox Solo Air fork can easily be adjusted for a specific rider weight, and it’s lighter than a coil spring
- The NX Eagle drivetrain gives you a wider range of gears for easier climbing in a simple 1x set-up
- Alpha Gold Aluminium, tapered head tube, internal derailleur and dropper post routing, rack and kickstand mount, Boost141, G2 Geometry
- Front suspension
- RockShox Judy Silver TK, Solo Air spring, rebound adjust, TurnKey hydraulic lockout, tapered steerer, G2 Geometry w/51 mm offset, Boost110, 120 mm travel (13.5: 100 mm travel)
- Front hub
- Formula DC511, Boost110
- Rear hub
- Formula DC2241, Boost141
- Bontrager Line 40 28-hole Tubeless Ready, tubeless rim strips included, valves sold separately
- Schwalbe Rocket Ron Performance, TL Ready, aramid bead, 27.5×2.80˝
- SRAM NX Eagle, 12 speed
- Rear derailleur
- SRAM NX Eagle
- Truvativ Descendant 6k Eagle DUB, 30T Direct Mount
- Bottom bracket
- Truvativ Powerspline, 73 mm
- SRAM XG-1230 Eagle, 11-50, 12-speed
- SRAM NX Eagle
- VP-536 nylon platform
- Bontrager Arvada
- Dropper post, 31.6 mm, internal routing
- Bontrager alloy, 31.8 mm, 15 mm rise, 750 mm width (13.5: 720 mm width)
- Bontrager XR Trail Comp, nylon lock-on
- Bontrager Rhythm Comp, 31.8 mm clamp, 0-degree
- Head set
- Semi-integrated, cartridge, 1-1/8˝ top, 1.5˝ bottom
- Brake set
- Shimano MT200 hydraulic disc
- 17.5˝ – 14.22 kg / 31.34 lbs (with tubes)
- Weight limit
- This bike has a maximum total weight limit (combined weight of bicycle, rider and cargo) of 136 kg (300 lb).